Church and altar of Larrazet
Long : 1.082095
In the sixteenth century Johan Cardailhac, abbot Belleperche, ordered the construction of a church, flanked by a majestic hexagonal tower and a massive stone bridge.
In 1686, the village priest ordered the construction of an altarpiece that replaces a polychrome decoration on the back wall of the nave. On an imposing structure of solid oak 60sqm area, a family of sculptors, a father and his three son will strive to give life to a surprising project.
Comprised of sculptures without direct castings due to the skill of the wrist, know-how patient and obstinate these four artisans, the altarpiece offer us their world view, their interpretation of biblical stories, the boundary between the profane and the sacred.
• Open: daily from 9am to 18pm
Facilities and services
- Car park
Entrée libre gratuite 0 €